Monday, July 9, 2007

Scattered Posts

Posting is going to be a bit hit and miss over the next few weeks. I've finally decided to buckle down and actually write my book (or at least as much as I can get through) this summer. To do so, I've gone away from my beautiful, wonderful cable modem and put myself where I only have dial-up access. It is oh-so-slow, but gets the job done and, most importantly, keeps me from wasting precious time by seeing if, just perhaps, I've gotten earth-shattering e-mail in the last 4 minutes.

The internet - where the world is at your fingertips so you don't have to confine procrastination to your house.

This morning I realized I was doing the right thing when, as a summer storm blew through, I heard the "Chimes of Partch" begin to sing violently. I was, at that precise moment, beginning to structure the flow of chapters, so I knew that Partch was either telling me "God speed with this project" or "Get your grubby fingers off my legacy."

A good omen either way.

No comments: