Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

Here it is, two days before Christmas and since your presents have not all arrived, I knew that many of you were wondering what you could possibly get me for Christmas. Wonder no longer. I'd take one of these:Seriously, NASA has decided to sell off its orbiters when the shuttle program ends in 2010. The price tag? A mere $42 million which is a bargain considering that it includes the $6 million cost of transport and detoxification of the shuttle. You can get Atlantis, Endeavor, or Discovery, but the word on the street is that the Air and Space Museum will be getting one, so only two are up for grabs.

Of course, if $42 million is out of your price range, I'd take one of the 10 decommissioned shuttle engines - they are only $400,000 to $800,000 each, plus shipping and handling.

No comments: