Friday, April 6, 2007

The demands have begun

In my first post, I mentioned that Sam's burgeoning vocabulary is one of the reasons we moved over to this blog. Breakfast this morning was a case in point, and also reminded me that the genie is out of the bottle.

Yesterday, Sam was very sick. He picked up a bug somewhere and couldn't keep anything inside. As a result, he was lethargic, literally going to sleep on the floor just because Joy was rubbing his back. This from the child who is usually bouncing all over the house and hates to go to sleep because he needs to look at the truck book just one more time, please?

This morning, he was much better, probably because we medicate him so much that he feels no shame in striding up to us, circling his hand on his chest and begging, "please...medicine!" After his morning dose of candy-flavored goodness we went out to get the paper, and then I fixed his breakfast. We sat down to eat like we always do, but Sam was only picking at his Chex. I finished before he did, something that never happens, and got up to put my dishes away. I was standing in the doorway talking to Joy when Sam turned to me, pointed his finger at my chair, and said, "Dada; sit chair!"

Obviously we need to stop his language now before he demands the car keys.

No comments: