Monday, October 8, 2007

Ninja Musicians

I promise to post about Sam's birthday soon and get pictures of the weekend and our new shelves up as well, but for right now, here's your quick mood lifter of the day:

Jamie Foxx, Oscar-winning actor and classically-trained pianist, has recently begun learning to play the violin and cello for his next film, The Soloist, where he plays Nathaniel Ayers, a young musician who developed schizophrenia in his second year at Juilliard and ended up homeless on the streets of L.A. In an interview with The Daily Record (reported by none other than Siobhan Synnot) he described his cello teacher in this way: "The guy who shows up to show me how to play the cello is nothing like what I expected. I thought it would be a stiff guy. But my guy is like a Ninja cellist."

Oh, the mind boggles at what his next movie project could be...

No comments: