Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Home

After a week of travels, I'm finally back home and Sam isn't sure what to make of my presence. When I arrived yesterday, I drove from the airport to school for Kindermusik. When I walked in the room, Sam ran and gave me a big hug, then turned around and hugged me again a minute later. It was one of those moments that you want to imprint on your heart and in your mind forever.

But since then, he's looked at me with a "why aren't you as much fun as Grandad and Nana" glint in his eyes. I mean, he's never gotten to paint his face and ride a bike while I've been around. And I'm busy at work on a book review I've got due next week, which means my normal Sam time is reduced.

Still, I can tell there's one area that makes him especially glad I'm home - discipline. He figures I've forgotten that he isn't supposed to climb on chairs or throw things in the house so we've seen balls, trains, water bottles, whatever Sam can get his hands on flying through the living room today. Crazy life and I wouldn't exchange it for the world.

No comments: